Monday 23 April 2012

On My Own

Greetings Chicken fans

Sorry again for the wide gap in blogs, not sure I can think of a good enough excuse for being away so long this time, so I wont bother you with a rubbish one!

As we are now a one chicken family, life is much more sedate and there have been not many zany chicken antics to report. The Gorgeous One is much happier with the cleaning out of just one chicken as Yoko makes much less mess (when I say mess, I mean poo) than when there was three of them. However, Yoko is not looking too clever these days and we just hope that she's not in any pain and just this morning we have had the dreaded "should we take her to the vet?" conversation, which neither of us will want to do... I'm counting myself out on the grounds of emotional instability.

When Yoko does go to join the other two in the great chicken field in the sky, we will have some more so there will be new and exciting adventures to share but we have an important event to get through first, so after that I would imagine. We think that this next time round we will not get ex-bats but get maybe a different breed, from a breeder (is there such a thing?), although I must say, for me, our girls are proper chickens, the type you would expect a china egg holder to be made out of, a lovely golden brown colour. A friend of ours, the make-up artiste, is threatening to buy us stupid looking chickens with pom pom things on their heads. She has also said that she might just buy them and sneak them into our chicken run, however it would be incredibly obvious who did it... Both the Gorgeous One and I are quite united in the anti-pom pom stakes so she shall not win this one...

Well, that's all from me today, I will keep you informed of any updates around Yoko although she might go quicker if she keeps standing in the rain like she is, how many times do I have to tell her that she isn't waterproof?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment