Tuesday 12 April 2011

Don't fence me in

Omelette is less than pleased with the progression of the garden works. Although they all wanted to help at the weekend when we were levelling the ground in order to build the new shed (which I think we did a pretty good job of actually). When I say help, what I mean is, help by making sure they ate the biggest spiders and the juiciest worms (obviously they aren't any good with a hammer, it's too heavy).

On Sunday they enjoyed the full freedom of the garden for the last time! We built the shed and tidied up the gravel (where they had dug escape tunnels) and replaced the weed membrane where it was supposed to be (under the gravel to stop the weeds coming through) and lovely Nana helped me clear up the leaves from the Red Robin, making a real difference to the look of the garden.

Last night, while I was on a seemingly never-ending train journey from Manchester, the gorgeous one came home and put up a temporary fence to keep the girls at the end of the garden. Now before I get letters of complaint, they still have a great big area for them to run around in, but we get our garden back and when I say 'we' I mean my poor cat too. He also cleaned the decking down and if wood could gleam, this deck would be gleaming, he did a brilliant job on it and I can now go out in bare feet if I want to and I don't have to watch where I step! Yay!

Although, as I said Omelette is less than impressed, Mabel and Yoko seem to be quite happy wandering around scratching and pecking at things, but Omelette is pacing the perimeter looking for weak spots in the fence. She must have walked the length of the fence a hundred times looking for a way out. Behing the shed, beside the tree, at the ends, back behind the shed, just in case she missed something...

Now they're all huddled together like they are plotting something, I must keep an eye on them and make sure they're not tucking dirt under their wings and scattering it as they walk along...

No comments:

Post a Comment