Thursday 14 October 2010

Don't get bent out of shape



We've been managing to save Omelette's eggs for a couple of days now so we're a 3 egg a day family - woo hoo!

BUT (yes, there is always a but)they are weird. I took some pictures this morning to show you just how weird they are. Yesterday's egg looked like a torpedo and today's egg is kind of triangular - I have attached the pictures for you to see for yourself if you don't believe me, I put them next to a lovely Mabel egg for your reference too.

The girls have enjoyed a day in the garden today, although the sun hasn't been out and they've been knocking at the cat flap, I'm not letting them in. They have a habit now of rushing you when you open the door to try to get in the house (our house not theirs), I asked them whether they'd been in whilst I was away and although they weren't giving anything up, the gorgeous one confessed that he had walked away from the door and come back to find the 3 of them in the kitchen. I guess they think that's an extension of their territory too now.

They are going to bed earlier as well now, as the nights are starting to draw in, so much so that the girls have to be lifted up slightly to get the eggs from underneath them when we get in from work as they've already tucked down for the night! The gorgeous one had a birthday yesterday and his colleagues bought him a "head lamp" so that he doesn't have to stick the torch in his mouth to go and put them away or sort them out in the morning now. I think he was more excited about that than the gift I got him - I should have saved my money!

Oh, one more thing, we've been linked (again) from a great site about other rescue hens, check out Valerie Chicken at www.valerie-chicken.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment